Prides Crossing was such an interesting two act play. Watching the installation come together was amazing. Maybe that was the reason why my first week of creative production was very slow. I felt overwhelmed by the theater. Everything was too grand, and organized. I was the tech guy, and my office was in the middle of the oldest opera house in America. Just outside the theater there were young Amish men on horses. Lancaster was the place I had my a grilled Caesar salad - and became an instant fan.
The play was beautiful. The story was told in scene, that were each their own timeline. My job was to create the visual projection that would be used to transition begin scene, as the story skipped around different timeline. I loved the depth of time I got to design within. Granted each time slot had to be precise, but for one production I had to pull in different (precise) design elements for that time period.
The furniture on the stage was protected - making them easy enough to move off stage. The transitions were large and visual, while completely soft and gentle.
The play opened with a kaleidoscope image projected on the full height and width of the screen - a visual prelude to the story unfolds.
I will always miss Michael Mitchell (Director). Michael was such a brilliant director and I loved Michael very much.
Backdrop Designs for Video Installation
Creating graphic design that will be projected is awesome. However, you quickly discover that a little goes a long way. When designing these backgrounds - the director wanted to set the tone for the time period and placement.
On top of the backdrops were visual elements being projected on the screens and stage.
Act I -Scene 1
- Opening to kaleidoscope
- Audio begins 1.30 min
- Bedroom - Hint of water
http://cheeseandwinecafe.com/_dm/s/rt/platform/wst/code.photoswipe-3.0.5.min.js Transition to scene 2 :17 seconds
- Sail boat imagery
- Swim - Car - Swim
- Clears the scene of images.
can you buy doxycycline in india Transition to scene 3 :15 seconds
- Crashing water to clear scene
buy Depakote india Transition to scene 4 :15 seconds
- Slow Transition to kitchen.
- Water crashes in to bedroom.
- Use image to reflect the 3 chimes.
Transition to scene 5 :11 seconds
- Start with swimming footage.
- Calm water may extend longer
Transition to scene 6 : 21 seconds
- Horses slowly enter either side
- Oil painting - Wallpaper pattern
- Bring in the elegant images
- Horses run into sea
- Water floods up
ACT II – Scene 1
- Opening – Fade to Still
- Insert a dance selection
- Boat -Swimmer - To party dancer
Transition to Scene 2 - NEED TIME
- Staircase - All men oil painting
- Very quick snap transition
Transition to Scene 3 - NEED TIME
- Purple flowers - Lily BG - Gold Frame
Transition to Scene 4 :17 seconds
- Still moving into position 2 seconds
- Front Projector – Row of chairs
- Rear Projector -
Transition to Scene 5 : 45 seconds
- Part 1 - Church pulls back and out
- Part 2 - Left – Flower pot
Transition to Scene 6 : 66 seconds
- Part 1
- Part 2 - Running to water footage