IrishGuy have the two most important answers for Google Analytics users. Track user usage with Google Analytics on every page.
What businesses benefit from Google Analytics reports?
- Ecommerce Businesses.
- Lead Generation Sites.
Questions you should be asking
- How many people are completing your customer journey?
- Where are you losing customers?
- Where are you retaining customers?
What is the process for using Google Analytics
- Collect Data.
- Create Reports.
- Analyze Reports.
- Test Solutions.
What type of data does Google Analytics provide?
ANSWER: Some of the user information captured by Google Analytics for a user hit includes.
- The language the browser is using.
- The name of the page viewed.
- The screen resolution of the user device.
- Differentiate between returning and new site visitors.
- The user’s location.
- The browser they are using.
- The operating system and server they use.
- The user’s age.
- Their Gender.
- And the source that brought them to your site.
What is a website hit?
- Pageview: User accesses your web page.
- Event: Four parameters of data get collected each time a person clicks a button.
- Transaction: Transfer data to Google Analytics.
- Product Purchased.
- Transaction ID.
- Stock Keeping Units (SKU).
- Product Category.
- Products Added/Removed from Shopping Cart.
- How many times a user has viewed a product on a website.
- Social Hits: transfer Likes and Tweets data.
- Page Timing Hits.
What can Google Analytics provide to your business?
Google Analytics provides the day-to-day actions of your online business. Data that helps you understand and connect with your online customer.
What can your business expect from a Google Analytics report?
- New vs. Returning Users.
- Organizers user hits in Sessions.
- Connect page data from more than one data sources.
New vs. Returning Users.
Differentiating between new and returning customers is an essential part of business. Every successful restaurant asks “have you been here before?” – the server then knows what experience to provide to the dining party.
Google Analytics provides the “where everyone knows your name” experience and the “I have never done this before.”
Google Analytics can track your customer or users interactions when the user uses the same browser and device. And will count the same user as unique if they access your website via a different device.
Track Users Across Devices
Tracking users across devices is an essential element of collecting correct data. Many users access the same data from different devices. Considering that every hit is a different person is not correct. Many users access the same content across different devices. To track the usage across a different device, you need to follow with the USER ID Feature.
Organizers user hits in Sessions.
Each Google Analytics Session will last for 30 minutes. From the moment your website visitor arrives at your site the user is tracked for 30 minutes. Each return to the site will generate a new session report. Unless the session is requested to be longer than 30 minutes – you simply need to make the request and track longer session times.
What can Session Data Provide to your Business?
- Calculate how many pages are viewed per session?
- Average session duration (to 30 minutes).
- Bounce Rate from the web page.
Connect User Page Data from Muplite Data Sources.
Google Analytics can collect data across different devices. Google Analytics collects data from your point-of-sale or kiosks.
Link Google Analytics with other Google products.
- Google AdWords: reports clicks, impressions, and cost.
- Google AdSense
- Google Search Console
How can Google Analytics help group your user reports?
Google Analytics can group your data into the following useful user groups.
- Data filters: rules applied by Google Analytics to process data.
- Goals: Pageview, Destination, Event Action, Duration, Pages, and Conversion.
- Goal Completions.
- Goal Value.
- Goal Conversion Rate.
- Data Grouping
- Custom Dimensions: Define a group of specific metric data.
- Custom Metrics: Can be collected for any standard Dimension.
- Imported Data: Yes you can upload your Hit Data to Google Analytics.
IrishGuy Design Studio will develop a measurement plan for you
The first and most essential step of Google Analytics has a clear business measurement strategy. Defined Business Strategy is the key to successful Google Analytics.
The Google Analytics Plan should include:
- Business Objective.
- Strategy 1.
- Tactic 1.
- Key Performance Indicators.
- Tactic 2.
- Tactic 1.
- Strategy 2.
- Tactic 1.
- Tactic 2.
- Strategy 1.
Create Custom Metrics to Track Precise Hits
Need more information on where your traffic is coming from?
Or, which online services provides you with strong leads?
Custom Metrics Scope
- In-depth Hit Tracking
- Detailed Product Tracking
Does your business or non-profit website need to track how your site visitor use your site?
Google Event Tracking provides useful in-depth information that IrishGuy Design Studio (Asheville) can process into proper categories, create useful actions, rank with meaningful labels. Ensuring that the Event Tracking Data is easy to read.
- Track if your web visitor watched a video.
- Track if your customer clicks more information before purchasing.
- Track when your client clicked BUY NOW.
- Determine which elements are working on your web page.
What type of information can Event Tracking Provide?
An e-commerce website can benefit from knowing how many pages their customer visited before making a purchase.
- Did the average customer visit the page 1-time before making a purchase?
- Does your average customer visit the page more than five times before completing the desired action?
Track Outbound Click Links
Set up Event Tracking to know which links your customer are clicking to leave your website. Especially consider tracking when your web visitor clicks Customer Service or Live Chat, as it may be a good sign of a page problem.
Google Analytics Segmentation provide you with subset reports from your data.
- Maximum date range of 90-days.
- Can span multiple sessions for data.
User Data Segments can track
- Specific age range.
- User Gender.
- Date Range.
- Or a combination of the three.
Session Segments can provide relevant user behavior information from a single user session. Have IrishGuy Design Studio compile the Session Segments your site needs to understand your customer or web user better. Unlike other Google Tracking tools, the Session Segments have a range of default reports that can be quickly added to your site. We typically recommend starting with the default Session Segments, then adding Custom Session Segments to collect precise actions that a default Session Segment report may provide.
Session Segments can track Goals
Session Segment reports can compile multiple segments into a single report. Providing accurate user data.
- Revenue generated during the session.
- Call to Action goal was made.
- Compare customers who purchased against site visitors who did not.
- See email campaign result compare against the results from Google Ad words.
- Discover what type of user your campaign is delivering.
For many small businesses being able to track their conversation rates from different lead, sources can significantly improve their bottom line.
For one of our clients. After monitoring the strength of their email campaign. They realized from the data that fewer of their leads from email campaigns made a purchase. And, of the customers that did make a purchase, they also incurred a higher return rate than from other sources.
Session Segments and the End User
Unlike other tracking sources, Session Segments can perform the following date collections.
- Session Data.
- The Sequence of User Actions. Including PageView and Page Events
Provide Solid Attribution Modeling
Attribution Modeling provides a set of rules that determine how conversions and sales get attributed. With the objective to grasp how different marketing channels and marketing campaigns work to generate conversions.
Conversion is often based on the last-click attribution, without including the past history that created the conversion.
Before buying, many customers visit the product online. Similar to seeing an item in the shop window. The window display is designed to catch your eye. To created a connection. And the conversion dance begins.
Go Deeper with Multi-Channel Funnel Reports
By compiling user usage data from across digital channels, multi-channel funnel reports can track the length of time to complete a conversion. What type of digital channel interactions can begin a Multi-Channel Report?
- Organic Search.
- Paid Search.
- Email Campaigns.
- Social Networks.
- Referral blogs or website.
Discover which marketing campaigns are most responsible for facilitating conversions.
Google Analytics Ecommerce
- Customer Acquisition.
- User Behaviour.
What Ecommerce Reports can Google Analytics provide?
The four ECommerce Reports that can a deeper understanding of your online customer’s behavior are:
- Product List Performance Report – which online tools are working.
- Product Performance Report – which products are viewed, added to the shopping cart, and which products are purchased.
- Shopping Behaviour Report – displays how customers progress through your shopping cart.
- Checkout Behaviour Analysis Report – learn where you are losing customers during the checkout process.
Understanding your E-Commerce Google Analytics Reports and Data
To grasp and benefit from the E-commerce Google Analytics Report you need to know how to:
- Interpret Reports.
- Evaluate Data.
- Actions to Improve your Business.
How to interpret E-Commerce Google Analytics Reports
Before we may begin to Interpret Google Analytics Reports we have first to establish a measurement plan that distinguishes the following five online business strategy.
- What is the Business Objective?
- What tactics and strategies will strengthen the intention?
- Which Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are in place to gauge the progress?
- What segments work to stimulate strong conversions.
- Establish authentic targets for each KPI to determine when goals are being achieved.
When analyzing Google Analytics Reports the same data (KPIs) may be accessed differently by various users.
Basic Overview of Google Analytics
A daily basic view of Google Analytics can provide:
- A detailed website traffic report.
- Display the top-performing geographic areas.
- Record of revenue.
In-Depth Overview of Google Analytics
With the same data, Google Segmentation can provide a broader perception of your website trends. With Google Analytics Custom Report with segmentation data can be understood in the following forms:
- Which traffic channel generates the most traffic?
- Which landing pages do users arrive?
NEW Google Analytics Ecommerce Reports
The new Google Analytics Ecommerce Reports take the mystery out of your customers experience while shopping online.
What do the Ecommerce Reports include?
The detailed Ecommerce reports include the performance data of products and product categories. The Ecommerce reports can also show the shopping and purchasing behaviors. Purchasing Behaviors include how often your customer adds or removes products from their online shopping cart.
How can a detailed report of the Shopping Process help your business?
The detailed report can reveal your shopper’s online experience by highlighting the following actions.
- Which sources drove traffic to your products.
- How often people clicked on specific products.
Shopping Behavior and Checkout Behaviour Reports
The Shopping and Checkout Behaviour Reports provide you with a complete look at how people experience your shopping cart.
Information to understand from the Shopping & Checkout Report.
- The products viewed.
- Products added to the shopping cart.
- Products removed from the shopping cart.
- Shopping carts that were initiated.
- Shopping carts that were abandoned.
- The completed transactions.
Before accessing the new Shopping & Checkout Behavior Reports your website needs to upgraded to an Enhanced E-commerce website.
Product List Performance
Learn which types of products are performing online. Which products performance better in certain positions, and which products do not perform well when not featured.
Do you know you top performance location?
Placing your most valuable products in your “top performance” location on your website can significantly increase your conversion rate. But, most website owners are unaware of their Top Performance locations on their site. When I work with clients on basic web design goals – 90% of my clients want a large hero slideshow.
When I work with clients on basic web design goals – 90% of my clients want a large Hero Slideshow. Yes, the hero slideshow is certainly popular. The user data confirms that most people do not interact with the Hero slideshow beyond the first slide. While slideshows do have a place on your website – users have come to ignore the slideshow as an introduction to your site. With slideshows as an Introduction continue to decrease. Slideshows (even Hero style) are on the increase when used within a longer article to convey an aspect of the story that showcases well as a slideshow.
The Hero Slideshow is a reasonable model of user engagement misperception. Just because a website feature is popular does not mean people are using it. Many marketing professionals are too busy chasing the next marketing trend that they often miss the basics of what is and is not working for a particular website. Performing real Performance Locations Tests on your site is required to understanding if your site has prominent positions.
The Product List Performance reports help you make tactical decisions about the arrangement and placement of your products and product lines.
Google Analytics Academy Certification[columns] [span4]